CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Neighbors

I just had to write about my neighbors. Broken Arrow has been ranked "Safest City In Oklahoma" and one of the "Best Places to Live in America", and with neighbors like ours I can understand why! Tuesday, I was out front trying to mow the front yard before it started raining (Drew has had numerous meetings in the evenings and we were on the go all weekend so the yard was beginning to look a bit like a jungle!), and one of my neighbors came over and told me to get back inside - he would do it for me! And he did - he even edged for me as well! I walked out to take him some water later, and another neighbor was checking her mail, and she asked about Mason so I took him out so that she could see him. She immediately picked him up and started playing with him - had him laughing out loud! Later that same evening while I was trying to cook dinner I realized I was missing one ingredient so I borrowed it from a neighbor as well. Yesterday, Drew was really sick - experiencing dizziness and nausea so another neighbor watched him while I took him to the doctor and picked up his prescriptions. (He was diagnosed with an inner ear problem, and has been lying in bed pretty much since - the phenegran has helped a great deal!)

The point is these aren't isolated incidences. This is the way things are in our neighborhood - we look after each other. While I was pregnant neighbors would continually call or stop by just to check on me, especially if Drew was out of town. They bring us cookies when they have extras - especially when they make sugar cookies because they know they're Drew's favorites. They offer to babysit all the time! They are always loaning us tools! They remind us when the garage door is left open! They refer us to their doctors! They watch our house while we're out of town and get our mail for us or water our plants, and we reciprocate. It's really great having neighbors that care so much! It's like living in Mayberry! I love our neighborhood!

0 comments: