CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 8, 2008

MOPS & MOPPETS

Today I had my first MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meeting, and Mason had his first Moppets meeting. A friend had invited me to join her MOPS group, but after much consideration I felt like I needed to find a group in my area so that I could start networking with other moms close to our home with children Mason's and Ian's ages. I was very apprehensive about leaving Mason in the nursery because I just didn't know how he would do (because Ian is breastfeeding and is still so small I opted to keep him with me). We did go to an open house a couple of weeks ago so Mason could see his room and meet his teacher. When we got there today he was a little hesitant but walked on in. Nearly 3 hours later when I went to pick him up he didn't want to leave! They said he did great; never cried. I really like that they also give you a pager when you drop the kids off so that they can page you if necessary to come get or console your child. I am really looking forward to meeting so many wonderful moms. It's going to be lots of fun!!