CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Poo-tastrophe

So I realize that my blog has basically been a dumping ground for photos, and I rarely post anything other than pictures. Like I have a ton of free to just sit and type. But lately all my funny stories have been told over the phone. So I decided I would try to make a better effort of sharing this information with everyone. After all, this is supposed to be your one-stop-shop for Dyer family news.

So let me tell you a little about my day today - good times. My dog ate an entire bar of Cetaphil soap of Monday evening, which resulted in vomitting and diarrhea for the next 48 hours. I called the vet this morning, and the earliest appointment they had was for this afternoon. No problem, I thought, she really ought to be checked out given there are chemicals in the soap (unlike the cotton socks and underwear she normally prefers). The appointment was scheduled for 2:30, and her vet clinic is about 30 minutes away. Ian actually woke up from his nap around 1:30 which gave me time to feed him. Around 1:50 I went upstairs to wake Mason up from his nap and make him go potty - we're potty training now. Everything was running smoothly, and it looked as if we'd be out of the house by 2:00. I put Ian into his infant carrier and then went to load Dixie into her box in the back of my car before I loaded the boys up. I was about to step outside when I looked down and realized I had baby poo all over the front of my shirt. Ian was apparently leaking out of the back of his pants and I hadn't realized it. Remember, I've already put him into his carrier at this point. I ran and changed shirts quickly, and made the decision to get him out and change him. His backside was COVERED. How had I missed this - it was just oozing out of the top of his pants. I got him out to change him. I grabbed a towel and laid him on it - Thank God because he was rolling everywhere and leaving a poo trail along the way. Then I checked the seat, and it was all over the carrier cover (the built-in blankie). I was able to take the blanket off, but I had to undo the straps to do so. By the time I got everyone cleaned up, and ready to go it was 2:25. I knew I would never make it for that 2:30 appt. so I called and told them I was running late but I was on my way. They were very accomodating. Incidences like this one have become far too common for us these days, and I have lovingly referred to them as poo-tastrophes.

0 comments: