CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 6, 2007

It had to come out!

Well, I got the results of my HIDA scan a few weeks ago, and the result was no obstructions but a very low ejection rate. So I had a consult with a surgeon, and he thought it would be in my best interest to remove my gallbladder. So we did, last Friday. It was laparoscopic surgery. I went into the hospital at 6:30am, first incision ocurred at 8:45am, I was in recovery by 9:30am, and back at home around noon minus a gallbladder. Everything went smoothly, and I was advised that I did actually have stones that did not show up on the previous tests. My mother came into town to help care for Mason. (Dad and Miles came in earlier in the week to visit, and that was really nice. It was Miles' first trip "over here" to Oklahoma! I think he had a good time.) Dad and Miles left Friday morning, and Mom stayed until Monday. Drew had Monday off, and he was able to work from home on Tuesday and Wednesday so that he could help care for Mason while I tried to rest. The biggest challenge has been picking Mason up and putting him in his bed. We had to lower his crib, and so I have to lean over pretty far to lay him down, and it can hurt to stretch that far. So far everything has been great - my incisions are looking good and I haven't had any real problems. I go back for my follow-up next week. So, hopefully, this will solve that!

0 comments: